Rules & Regulations
Students are required to apply for admission to the different under graduate courses through college website www.kdbracollege.in or through printed forms available of the college office between 11a.m. to 3:30 p.m. on specified working days. Separate application forms are to be filled up for Honours subjects. Candidates applying for general course have to apply through separate Application form. Candidates are requested to visit the college website and college Notice Board for Merit List (for Hons. & Gen.), and other information related to Admission. The candidates have to submit the application fees to United Bank of India, Kultali Branch (Jamtala). The selected candidates are required to secure admission on full payment of requisite fees in the college office. The parent/local guardian must be present at the time of Admission. Migrants from other Board shall have to meet the Principal personally before filling up the college Admission Form.
B.A. Honours : English, Bengali, History, Education, Philosophy, Geography, Political Science, Sociology.
B.A. General : English, Bengali, History, Education, Philosophy, Geography, Political Science, Sociology.
A candidate who has passed the Higher Secondary (10+2) or its equivalent examination is eligible to seek admission to the 1st year of the three years B.A. Hons./Gen. Course of studies provided he or she has also passed in English having full marks not less than 100.
However, no candidate shall be allowed for admission after a lapse of more than three years from the year of passing the previous qualifying examination or discontinuation of recognised regular Course of Study after passing the previous qualifying examination.
Candidate taking up Honours course in a subject must have obtained :
- For General candidate : A minimum of 50% marks in the aggregate & 45% marks in the subject or related subjects at the previous qualifying examination or 55% marks in the subject or 50% marks in aggregate .
- For O.B.C-A & O.B.C.-B : Same as General
- For S.C./S.T. :A minimum of 40% marks in aggregate or 40% marks in subject.
Candidate taking up General Course must qualify Higher Secondary (10+2) or its equivalent examination or 40% in aggregate.
The following documents are to be submitted at the time of admission
- Duly filled in admission Form.
- Two recent passport size photographs.
- Two attested copies of Madhyamik Admit Card (To be attested by the Head of the Institution last attended).
- Two attested copies of H.S. Mark Sheet (To be attested by the Head of the Institution last attended).
- Two attested copies of SC/ST certificate from appropriate authority, viz, the D.M./A.D.M./S.D.O., in proper format (for S.C./S.T. students only). The Original SC/ST certificate must be produced at the time of admission. Registration without which can not be made.
- Physically handicapped students are required to produce necessary relevant certificates in original, if required.
- Original School/College leaving certificate from the Head of the Institution last attended.
- Migration Certificate (in original) for migrated students.
- Students taking a transfer from other colleges are to produce their Original Transfer Certificates.
Students seeking transfer in the middle of a session, are required to pay all annual charge in full, in addition to the transfer fee. A transfer application shall be signed both by the students and the guardian whose name appears in the college record. T.C. will be issued after a week from the date of application.
Admission is liable to be cancelled at any stage, on ground of non-fulfilment of any eligibility criterion discovered though scrutiny, like suppression of facts, submission of wrong/false information, misconduct/indiscipline etc. No money will be refunded in case of cancellation of admission.